God meets us in a powerful way when we get away as a community to seek Him. During Mother’s Day weekend in May, our Shasta Retreat features rugged outdoor settings for our meetings, accommodations on houseboats from a local resort, water-sports on boats and jet skis, powerful worship and teaching times, and opportunities to form amazing friendships. The speakers and theme change from year-to- year to keep things fresh, but the outcome is always the same: lives are changed, friends are made, and students grow in their relationship with Jesus. Join us on the shores of Shasta!
Find Out More:
Free Time, Games, & Meals
There’s plenty of time for activity and adventure during free time between sessions. Go on a hike, wakeboard, ride a jet-ski or take a kayak trip: it’ s usually in the mid-80’s. You will also enjoy participating in games before the sessions. Cabin groups enjoy meals together made from the food we stock in the houseboat for you.
Cabins & Cabin Times
For your accommodations, you will be grouped with a cabin of 16 people on a houseboat with guys and girls separate. The cabin groups provide a way to connect at a deeper level, process life lessons you’re learning, and pray together. Don’t worry, everyone will have a comfortable bed! For the more granola types, camping and hammocking on the shore is also an option.
What to Bring
- At least $20-30 gas money for your driver
- Lunch ursday
- Lunch Sunday
- Sleeping Bag (with pad, if desired)
- Warm AND Cold weather clothing
- Two pairs of shoes, and a pair of sandals
- Swim suit (one-piece only, no speedos)
- Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Hat, Bug Spray
- Notebook & Pen
Small camp chair or blanket
Water shoes, Sandals or Flip Flops
Cards, dice, games*
22300 Jones Valley Marina Dr, Redding, CA 96003
- From the NORTH (Corvallis)
- Take exit #687 (Mountain Gate).
- At top of exit turn le (east). Stay on this road (Old Oregon Trail) for about 2.5 miles.
- Turn left on Bear Mountain Road. ere will be a golf course on the right so you can only turn left. Stay on road for 5.5 miles to stop sign at Dry Creek Road.
- Turn left on Dry Creek Road. Go 1 mile to fork, stay to right (marked Jones Valley Road), continue about 200 yards to Jones Valley Marina Dr.
- Turn left on Jones Valley Marina Drive. Follow this road approx. 1 mile to the marina (if you miss this turn you will end up at the public boat launch and have to back track).
- LOOK FOR POSTED REAL LIFE SIGNS!